All students are issued textbooks, unless the teacher provides class resources outside of an issued textbook.
All students are:
- Responsible for taking good care of their textbooks
- Returning their textbooks at the end of the year
- Replacing lost textbooks if lost or damaged
- List of all textbooks can be located HERE
English Novels for Sale
As an alternative to checking out classroom novels, the library has certain books for purchase.
Please see the list below and come to the library if you would like to purchase.
- A Tale of Two Cities $6
- Huckleberry Finn $5
- The Great Gatsby $15
- The Cather in the Rye $7
- The House of Mirth $5
- The Power and the Glory $15
- Pride & Prejudice $3
- Jane Eyre $5
- The Mayor of Casterbridge $9
- Wuthering Heights $3
- Frankenstein $5
- The Children of Men $14
- The Stranger $13
- The Woman Warrior $15
- Othello $4
- Much Ado about Nothing $6
- Romeo and Juliet $1
Below are many questions surrounding textbook checkout. If you have any questions please contact Mr. Fratantaro or Mrs. Jan.
What is the best way to NOT pay a fine for damaged textbooks?
- Cover your textbooks with a paper grocery bag. Do not use tape.
What is the best way to NOT pay a fine for a lost textbook?
- Make sure you know where your books are at all times. Do not leave them in friend's car or sitting alone on a park bench. These are expensive books!
If I lose/misplace my textbook what should I do?
- Access your account through Destiny to see if the book was returned. If it is still showing in your account, come to the library and speak with Mr. Fratantaro or Mrs. Jan. You may check out a book if you cannot find your lost textbook but you must pay for the replacement at the end of the year.
I lost my textbook, can I buy one on Amazon to replace it?
- If the book is in proper condition and the right textbook, then yes. However, you run the risk of us not accepting the book based off of condition.
I lost my book, paid for it, and now I found it. Can I have a refund?
- You have 60 days (full calendar) from the end of the school year to receive a refund. After that 60 days, consider the found book yours.
What is a "rebind fee"?
- If you do not take care of your textbooks and the binding is damaged you will have to pay to have the book rebound. The cost is 15 dollars.
I switched classes at the semester and did not turn in my book from the previous semester yet, why am I being fined?
- UHS has a small surplus of textbooks for each section. After you finish your first semester class, for example Political Science, you must return your book so the next student can use it for the following semester. Failure to do so will result in a 5 dollar fine for each day it is late.